Students from all institutions are invited to apply to attend this one-day workshop. Participants will learn about the graduate school application process and the opportunities that exist for those who pursue graduate work in this impactful discipline.
2018 Workshop is Full
The 2018 Workshop is full at this time. Applications for next year's EGS will open in mid-April 2019.
- "Life as a PhD student" – Q&A panel of current graduate students
- Live demos of current and ongoing research
- Lunch with faculty and graduate students
- "Academia vs. Industry" – Q&A panel with current faculty and industry partners
- A writing clinic on "How to Write a Strong Statement of Purpose"
- The opportunity to receive one-on-one feedback from faculty regarding your application
- 9:00am – 9:30am: Registration and Breakfast
- 9:30am – 9:45am: Welcome and Ice Breaker
- 9:45am – 11:00am: Faculty Research Highlights
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: Faculty Panel
- 12:00pm – 1:30pm: Lunch with Graduate Students & Faculty + Lab Demos
- 1:40pm – 2:50pm: Student Panel
- 2:50pm – 3:00pm: Break
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: Career Options after Graduate Studies (with alumni)
- 4:00pm – 4:25pm: Writing Clinic: Tips for a Strong Grad School Application (SoP)
- 4:25pm – 4:30pm: Closing Remarks
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm: Writing Clinic: One-on-One Feedback Sessions
Things to do on campus & around Ann Arbor