Lab and Project Clean Up
Remember, 5% of your project
grade is a verified project and workstation clean up.
Workstaion Clean Up
Each group will be assigned one workstation including the
equipment shelves and side tables.
- Hang Cables
- Put Kits or other Components in Bins (center area)
- Wipe the debris from the desktop into the trash cans. Don't worry
about the floors, they will be swept.
- If you find major project components from other groups, place
them on shelf, side bench or near the stations listed below.
- Throw out trash like coffee cups, cans, etc. Take care to empty
liquids into the bathroom sinks first.
- Look below under general clean up details for more info.
- Look for cables and other misc items on the insturment shelves above the station and put them away.
- The side table is included as part of the station cleanup.
- Put any 467 (Robotics) stuff on the shelves above the workstations.
Home Automation 1
Lazer Botz 3
Companion Robot 4
Drum Sequencer(using MIDI) 5
Flappy Bird 6
Driving School 8
Air Guitar 9
Rubrik Cube 10
Air Hockey 11
Drum Master(using MP3) 12
Clean out your project and/or associated lab tub/s. Place the empty
tubs in the area indicated in the center area.
Dissassemble/break down your project unless we already discussed
keeping it assembled. If you want to keep your project assembled or you
are not sure contact me.
You can have your project poster. Remove the poster from te
poster board and put the poster board in the box near the front of
General Dissassembly Guidelines
- Take apart circuits that are on protoboards (like the ones used
- Stuff that is soldered does not need to dissembled. If it is
or H bridge for instance you can put it in one of the associated bins
- You can throw out wires that you made or used from the spools.
- Keep the fabricated jumper wires, There is a bin for them.
- Resistors, small caps and connectors can be thrown out.
- Keep large FETs, voltage regulators. There is a bin for them.
- Put large items to be thrown out like cardboard boxes, etc in the
hall just outside the doors.
- Keep items in our tub you are unsure about and leave it on a
- Put workstations back and make connections if you removed one.
- You can keep custom PCBs you made.
General Storage Guidelines
- Hang instrument cables on the lockers.
- There are labeled bins (tubs) in the center of the first room.
You should already see some components in them, so this should guide
you. They include some specific categories suchs as:
- SmartFusion Kits and Expansion Boards
- Actuators (motors, servos, etc)
- Game Controllers
- There are some small bins on the center fabrication table (solder
station) for BNC and alligator connectors.
- Contact Matt Smit if you have any questions.
The cleanup should be completed by late Sunday 4/27 .
We may start testing SmartFusion kits this week so we might remove them from your box or project.
Email Matt Smith summarizing what your group did. For example, we
cleaned station 3, the associated side table, dissembled all project
components and put them in the bins. Were not sure what to do with the Nerf gun
so we left it in our box.