|Term: Winter 2009|
Course No.: EECS 598
Credit Hours: 2
Instructor: Professor Pallab Bhattacharya
Graduate students and seniors specializing in the solid state/optoelectronics/optics areas are encouraged to enroll in this course. There will be lectures/seminars by the instructor and faculty members in SSEL conducting research in relevant areas. 3-4 lectures/seminars will be given by experts from outside the university. Some topics to be covered are:
- Surface-emitting laser
- Quantum dot lasers and amplifiers
- Surface plasmon enhanced nanolasers
- Spin polarized lasers
- Quantum dot detectors
- Organic light emitting diodes
- Semiconductor laser applications and reliability Issues
- Resonant cavity detectors
The lectures/seminars will cover device physics and technology, device characteristics and applications.
The first meeting will be on Tuesday, January 13, 2009.