Admissions Profile for EE Graduate Program Admission
The students we admit generally meet the following qualifications profile:
- A GPA of at least 3.5/4.0 for the undergraduate degree
- A Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General total score of at least 2000 (out of a possible 2400); new test scoring of at least 1300 and 4.5 (analytical)
The average GRE score using the new GRE Revised General Test for students admitted to EE and EE:S MS and PhD for Fall 2012 was 321 (verbal and quantitative).
- Score must be less than 5 years old
- 3 Solid letters of recommendation
- TOEFL score of at least 220 (CBT - Computer Based Test)
- 84 (iBT - Internet Based Test)
- TOEFL Score must be less than 2 years old. This test is required for students whose native language is not English.
Although we do consider applications with scores below these, applicants with substantially lower GPA and GRE scores are accepted only under unusual circumstances.