Michigan Embedded Systems' Hub
The Michigan Embedded Systems' Hub is a shared resource available to all UM
students, staff and faculty. We have the resources needed to do basic
embedded systems work and also offer a variety of training sessions related
to embedded systems (PCB design, soldering, and microcontroller basics).
The Hub also hosts short-term faculty-sponsored projects related to
embedded systems. If you are a faculty member and need short-term space for
student embedded systems projects (one semester or less) we might be able to
help! Interested faculty members should contact Mark Brehob with any
Open Ofice hours
Come on in and ask for help with an electronics or software project!
Regularly scheduled office hours for Fall 2014 are up on the Calendar on the top menu of this page. You can also get embedded counseling on demand - contact us to set up an appointment.
Also taking on office hours in Fall 2014 are Michigan Hackers, on topics as varied as mobile app development, AWS, web development, and creative/design - check out the Calendar!
Hours for Winter 2014 are...
- 2:00 - 4:00PM Monday - Pat Pannuto, Embedded Systems
- 1:30 - 4:30PM Tuesday - Austin Freight, Mobile Development (Michigan Hackers)
- 3:00 - 5:00PM Tuesday - Branden Ghena, Embedded Systems
- 9:00 - 11:00AM Wednesday - Jack Wink, Python, Web, Mobile Development (Michigan Hackers)
- 1:00 - 3:00PM Wednesday - Chelsea Pugh, iOS, APIs, Web (Michigan Hackers)
- 3:30 - 6:00PM Wednesday - Jon Meed, Amazon Web Services (Michigan Hackers)
- 12:00 - 2:00PM Thursday - Jonathan Kurzer, Embedded Systems
- 11:00 - 12:00PM Friday - Sam Oliver, Creative/Design (Michigan Hackers)
- On demand: by appointment
Sign-up for Lessons
Lessons for Fall 2014 are available! They are offered on Monday from 4:30-6:30PM and Friday from 1-3PM, with a couple of exceptions.
Visit the Lessons page to view the four lessons offered.
Visit the Calendar page to sign up.
The Hub gratefully acknowledges sponsorship by State Farm, Intel, Lockheed-Martin and the EECS department.