NSF IPAN Scholar Application
Take part in the future of neurotechnology and neuroscience in a one-of-a-kind summer experience for undergraduate students.
- Receive onsite training in neurotechnology and neuroscience research directly from U.S. research staff in a one-week IPAN Summer Bootcamp before travelling abroad beginning June 3, 2019. Students will depart their international locations on July 28, 2019, to return to Ann Arbor for the conclusion of the IPAN program
- Students will be assigned their research location by NSP IPAN Directors and IPAN SURE Partners and may not request a specific research location. Study abroad at the University of Freiburg or Korea Institute of of Science and Technology during a seven-week research opportunity (no background in German or Korean necessary)
- Travel and overseas health insurance will be provided. The insurance does not exlude pre-existing conditions and will pay “up-front” for most medical treatment, eliminating the need to pay out-of-pocket or file claims for reimbursement
- Applicants must be free to participate in this program from June 3 through July 30, 2019
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.2 and be enrolled in a nationally accredited engineering program (preferably electrical engineering or biomedical engineering) or neuroscience major/program
Application deadline is February 8, 2019.