NSF IPAN Scholar Application
Take part in the future of neurotechnology and neuroscience in a one-of-a-kind summer experience for undergraduate students.
- Receive onsite training in neurotechnology and neuroscience research directly from U.S. research staff in a one-week IPAN Summer Bootcamp before travelling abroad beginning June 5, 2017
- Students will be assigned their research location by NSP IPAN Directors and IPAN SURE Partners and may not request a specific research location. Study abroad at the University of Freiburg, the University of Hamburg-Eppendorf, or Korea Institute of of Science and Technology during a seven-week research opportunity (no background in German or Korean necessary)
- Travel and overseas health insurance will be provided. The insurance does not exlude pre-existing conditions and will pay “up-front” for most medical treatment, eliminating the need to pay out-of-pocket or file claims for reimbursement
- Applicants must be free to participate in this program from June 5 through August 2, 2017
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.2 and either junior or senior status in a nationally accredited engineering program (preferably electrical engineering or biomedical engineering) or neuroscience major/program
Application deadline is February 10, 2017.