- Go to the “Mail” menu and click on “Preferences”
- On the window that comes up, click on the “Rules” icon (the one on the far right) & click on “Add Rule”
- NOTE: If you have an old spam filter set up that filters on “X-Spam-Status” please delete it here.
- Give the rule a description that will be meaningful to you (such as Spam) and click on the drop-down menu that currently says “From”
- You will see a list of things to choose from, but the header we need is not on the list, so go to the bottom and click “Edit Header List…”
- In the window that comes up, type the following in the box next to “Header:”
Click “Add Header” which will put it in the list with the others, and click “OK”
- Now make sure the first drop-down menu has changed to display X-Spam-Flag… if it hasn’t, choose it from the menu.
In the 3rd box, type “YES”
- Under “Perform the following actions” make sure it has “Move Message” and select the folder where you would like the spam to go.
- Click OK, and you’ll be brought back to this screen. Your new spam filtering rule should show up in the list. Close the window and you’re done!
|Do you need further assistance? We're here to help. Give us a call, send an email, or just stop by one of our offices.|
|Was this page helpful? Does it need improvement? |
Powered by LionWiki | Admin | Incoming Links