- Go to the Tools menu and click on “Rules and Alerts…”
- You should see a window like the one below. Click on “New Rule…”
- NOTE: If you have an old spam filte/ruler set up that filters on “X-Spam-Status” please delete it here.
- At the next window, click on “Start from a blank rule” and leave “Check messages when they arrive” selected. Click on Next.
- At the next screen, scroll down to where it says “with specific words in the message header” and click the checkbox next to it.
- Near the bottom part of the window, you will see your rule appear in the Step 2 box. Click on the underlined portion (specific words).
- A smaller window will pop up. In the first box (under “Specify a word or phrase…” type:
and click the “Add” button next to it. It will add it to the bigger box below. Click on “Ok”
- You will be back at the original window. Click next and you’ll be brought to a screen that says “What do you want to do with the message?”
- Select the checkbox next to “move it to the specified folder”
Go to the bottom portion of the screen and click on the underlined word (specified)
- On the new window that pops up, scroll down to your EECS server (e.g. wexford, kepler, etc…) and find your Junk E-mail folder.
- Click on the folder and click Ok
- You will be brought back to the original window. Click on Next. The following screen is about exceptions to the rule. Just click next here.
- Finally you will see a screen that asks you to “Specify a name for this rule” You can leave this as the default (X-Spam-Flag:YES) or name it whatever you want. Naming does not effect the use of the filtering rule. Make sure the checkbox next to “Turn on this rule” is checked. Click “Finish” on this window, click “Apply” then “OK” on the Rules and Alerts window, and you’re done!
|Do you need further assistance? We're here to help. Give us a call, send an email, or just stop by one of our offices.|
Powered by LionWiki | Admin | Incoming Links