Back to Course List
EECS 438: Advanced Lasers and Optics Laboratory
Instructor: Almantas Galvanauskas
The objective of this course is to provide students with individual laboratory practice as well as with team-work experience in solving open-ended problems in lasers and optics. The course consists of two parts: a lasers and photonics laboratory, and a major design experience in lasers and photonics.
No textbook required, suggested references include:
- Frank L Pedrotti, Leno M Pedrotti, Leno S Pedrotti, Introduction to Optics, Prentice Hall, 1st, 2nd and 3rd editions,2006.
- E. Hecht, Optics, Addison-Wesley. Co, editions: 1987, 1989, 1998, 2002.
- Bahaa E.A. Saleh, Malvin Carl Teich, Photonics, Wiley, 1991.
- Geometrical Optics and imaging
- Optical System Design using ZEEMAX software package
- Light Diffraction phenomena
- Light Polarization and applications for optical display technologies
- Light Coherence and Interference and their use for Optical Coherence
- Tomography Imaging
- Lasers and Nonlinear Optics
- Major Design Experience (~7 weeks)