CSE@50 - Plenary Speakers and Panelists
- Atkins, Dan, EECS faculty member, Former Interim Dean of College of
Engineering, Former Dean of School of Information, Head of NSF Office of Cyberinfrastructure.
- Fayyad, Usama, (BSE CE and EE ‘84, MSE CSE ‘86, PhD ‘91) Chief
Data Officer and Executive VP of Research & Strategic Data Solutions at
- Guzdial, Mark, (MS CSE ‘86) Professor, College of Computing at
- Holland, John, (PhD CCS ‘59) UM professor of EECS and Psychology.
History of CSE
- Arden, Bruce, (PhD, EE ‘65) Former Chair of CCS.
- Davidson, Ed, (MS CE ‘62) Professor Emeritus of EECS, former
Chair of EECS.
- Scott, Norman ,Professor Emeritus of EECS.
- Teorey, Toby, Professor Emeritus of EECS, Director of CoE
- Abel, Mark, (BSE EE ’79) General Manager, Software Pathfinding
and Innovation, Intel Software and Solutions Group.
- Olukotun, Kunle, (BSE EE ‘85, MSE CSE ‘87, PhD ‘91) Professor of
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Stanford University.
- Rutenbar, Rob, (MSE ‘79, PhD ‘84) Professor of Electrical and
Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University.
- Shen, John P., (BS, EE, ’73) Head of Nokia Research Center, Palo
CSE in the Real World
- Benovich Gilby, Nancy, (BSE CE ‘85, MSE CSE ‘87) Executive at
Asurion Mobile Applications.
- Frank, Randy, (BSE, CE ’73) Vice President and Chief Architect/FCAT
at Fidelity Investments.
- Howes, Tim, (MS ‘87, PhD ‘96) Vice President and CTO HP Software.
- Wilens, Michael P., (MS in CS & MBA) Executive Vice President,
Strategy, Technology & Innovation Thomson Reuters Corporation
Interactive and Social Systems
- Blinn, James, (MSE CICE, ’72) Graphics Fellow, Microsoft
- Page, Carl, (BSE CE ‘86, MSE CSE ‘88) Co-founder and CTO of
- Rubin, Avi, (BS CS ‘89, MSE CSE ‘91, PhD ‘94) Professor and
Technical Director of the Information Security Institute at Johns Hopkins
- Siewiorek, Daniel, (BSE EE ‘68) Buhl University Professor and
Director of Human-Computer Interaction Institute, Carnegie Mellon
- Tedrake, Russ, (BSE, CE ’99) Assistant Professor in EECS at MIT.