- Four papers (including two oral presentations) have been accepted to the upcoming CVPR 2013 conference - congratulations to W. Choi, Y. Chao, S. Bao, B. Kim, S. Xu, and R. Mittelman!
- U-M undergraduate student Nick Genise has successfully completed his SURE summer internship project in the vision lab. A video summarizing his results can be found here.
- One paper has been accepted as an oral presentation to the upcoming ECCV 2012 Workshop on Higher-Order Models and Global Constraints in Computer Vision (HiPot) - congratulations to B. Kim and M. Sun.
- Prof. Silvio Savarese received the 2011 Best Paper Award from the Journal of Construction Engineering and Management.
- Two papers have been accepted to the upcoming ECCV 2012 conference - congratulations to W. Choi (with an oral presentation), and Y. Bao, Y. Xiang.
- Silvio Savarese and Fei-Fei Li from Stanford University will be co-teaching an online course in Computer Vision in the fall 2012. As for May 2012 more than 8000 students have already registered! Click here for the press release, or here for more details about the course.
- Silvio Savarese will be area chair in CVPR 2013.
- Four paper have been accepted to the upcoming CVPR 2012 conference - congratulations to M. Sun, M. Telaprolu, H. Lee, Y. Bao, M, Bagra, W. Chao, Y. Xiang, and S. Kumar. Check out our publication page for details.
- Our work on 4 Dimensional Augmented Reality (D4AR) Models has been featured in the February issue of LidarNews magazine. Click here for details.
- One paper has been accepted to the upcoming AISTATS 2012 conference - congratulations to M. Sun, M. Telaprolu, and H. Lee. See our publication page for details.
- Silvio Savarese received the 2012 TRW Automotive Endowed Research Award.
- Sid Yingze Bao, Mohit Bagra, and Silvio Savarese won the best student paper award in IEEE CORP 2011 workshop, in conjuction with ICCV 2011. Congratulations!
- Jason Clemons, Sid Yingze Bao, Mohit Bagra, Silvio Savarese, and Todd Austin won the GSRC Margarida Jacome Best Poster/Demo Award at the Annual Symposium of the Gigascale Systems Research Center. Congratulations! Click here for details.
- Silvio Savarese has co-authored a book entitled Representations and Techniques for 3D Object Recognition and Scene Interpretation, Synthesis lecture on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Morgan & Claypool Publishers, 2011. ISBN-10: 1608457281. Click here or herefor more information.
- Two papers have been accepted to the upcoming ICCV 2011 conference - congratulations to M. Sun as well as L. Mei and J. Liu. See our publication page for details.
- One paper has been accepted to BMVC 2011 - congratulations to B. Kim and J. Park.
- We organized the 2011 Computer Vision Midwest Workshop (MCVW-2011) on May 5-6. More information about program and speakers can be found here.
- We are organizing the third IEEE international workshop on 3D Representation and Recognition (3dRR-11). 3dRR-11 will take place in Barcelona, Spain, on November 7th 2011, in conjunction with ICCV 2011. Click here for more details
- Four papers have been accepted to the upcoming CVPR2011 conference. Congratulations to J. Liu (two orals), Y. Bao , W. Choi and K. Shahid!
- Silvio Savarese Receives NSF CAREER Award for Work in Computer Vision
- Min Sun won the 2010 University of Michigan Engineering Graduate Symposium Technical Session Award (Computer Science and Engineering) for his research "depth-encoded hough voting for object detection". Congratulations!
- Sid Yingze Bao has been awarded the 2011 Rackham International Student Fellowship. Congratulations!
- Our poster entitled as “ Automated Remote Tracking and Visualization of Construction Progress with D4AR – 4 Dimensional Augmented Reality – Models” with M. Golparvar-Fard, and F. Peña-Mora won the Best Poster Award at the Construction Industry Institute’s 2010 CII Annual Conference in Orlando, FL.
- One paper has been accepted as oral presentation to the upcoming BMVC10 conference. Congratulations to M. Sun and S. Bao.
- Our paper on entitled “D4AR models for automated remote progress tracking and support of decision-enabling tasks in the AEC/FM industry” with M. Golparvar-Fard, and Prof F. Peña-Mora won the Best Student Paper Award at the The 6th Int. Conference on Innovation in AEC, State College, PA.
- June 8 2010: Mani Golparvar-Fard has become Doctor of Philosophy! Congratulations! Mani will be moving to Virginia Tech as an assistant professor in August 2010.
- Two papers have been accepted to the upcoming ECCV 10 conference. Congratulations to W. Choi as well as M. Sun, B. Xu & Gary Bradsky!
- One paper has been accepted to the upcoming CVPR 10 conference. Congratulations to Y. Bao and M. Sun.
- Our work on “D4AR – 4 Dimensional Augmented Reality -models with M. Golparvar-Fard, and Prof F. Peña-Mora won the FIATECH CETI Award in Outstanding Student Researcher category at FIATECH’s Technology Conference and Showcase, Austin, TX.
- S. Savarese and Fei-Fei Li publishes a book chapter in "Studies in Computational Intelligence- Computer Vision", Springer, 2010.
- S. Savarese will be the chair of CVPR 2010 Workshops - if interested in submitting a proposal please visit the relevant webpage (the deadline is Nov 22, 2009).
- S. Savarese, T. Tuytelaars, and L. Van Gool are co-editors of the December 2009 CVIU special issue on 3D Representation for Object and Scene Recognition. Click here to read our editorial.
- We are organizing the second IEEE international workshop on 3D Representation for Recognition (3dRR-09).3dRR-09 will take place in Kyoto, on September 28th 2009, in conjuction with ICCV 2009. Click here for more details
- W. Choi and K. Shahid won a best poster presentation award during 2009 Engineering Graduate Symposium (University of Michigan). Click here for additional information.
- Two papers (one oral and one poster) have been accepted to the upcoming ICCV 09. Congratulations to H. Su, M. Sun, L. Fei-Fei and to P. Gupta, S. Arrabolu, M. Brown respectively
- One paper has been accepted to the upcoming BMVC 09. Congratulations to M. Liang, M. Sun, K. Carter, A. Hero.
- One paper has been accepted to the upcoming 9th International Workshop on Visual Surveillance (VSWS09) in conjuction with ICCV 09. Congratulations to W. Choi and K. Shahid.
- Our paper “Interactive Visual Construction Progress Monitoring with 4D Augmented Reality Model” with M. Golparvar-Fard, and F. Peña-Mora has won the CRC First Place Poster Award at Construction Research Congress, Seattle, 2009!