CS 589, Fall 2015: Advanced Computer Networks)
Covered topics (in no particular order)
- Internet routing characterization, routing security
- Internet AS relationships, traffic engineering
- Critical network infrastructure services: search engines, DNS, mail servers, etc.
- Network security: intrusion detection systems, worms, and honeypots
- Peer to peer and overlay networking, DHT's
- Sensor networks
- Network measurement: distance estimation, bandwidth measurement, trouble-shooting tools
- Content distribution networks
- Network models
- NEW:Mobile systems, wireless networks, mesh
- NEW:Networking in challenging environments:
high packet loss, frequent interruptions, mobility, high latency, and unpredictable conditions.
- NEW:Network algorithmics: Building fast networks
- NEW:Software-defined networking (SDN)
- NEW:Data center networks
Tentative class schedule and lecture notes
Please check the Reading List for the
reading material and assigned reading for each lecture.
The format of the reading summary is here.
Please log into CTools to view lecture slides.